Profile: Professor, PhD supervisor and member of Grasslands livestock production system team.
Expertise: Soil Science, Soil molecular microbial ecology, Climate change impacts
Professor- College of pastoral agriculture science and technology, Lanzhou University, March 2016 to present
Senior Scientist (Soil microbial ecology) - AgResearch ? New Zealand, July 2011 ? January 2016
Scientist (Soil microbial ecology) - AgResearch ? New Zealand, May 2008 ? January 2011
Post Doctoral Scientist (Soil microbial ecology) AgResearch ? New Zealand, April 2006 ? April 2008
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Soil Biology and Biochemistry laboratory, Graduate School of Bio Agricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Japan July 2004 ? February 2006
PhD in Soil Science, 2003, Massey University, New Zealand
MSc in Soil Science, 1996, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
BSc in Agriculture, 1993, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Saman Bowatte 新西兰人，博士，教授，博士生导师。主要从事植物-土壤-微生物-家畜的相互作用研究。
1. Zhong, Lei; Hoogendoorn, Coby; Bowatte, Saman; Li, Frank Yonghong; Wang, Yanfen; Luo Dongwen (2016) Slope class and grazing intensity effects on microorganisms and nitrogen transformation processes responsible for nitrous oxide emissions from hill pastures. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 217, 70-78.
2. Bowatte S, Newton PCD, Hoogendoorn CJ, Hume DE, Stewart AV, S.C. Brock SC, P.W. Theobald PW (2016) Wide variation in soil nitrification associated with different forage plant cultivars and genotypes. Grass and Forage Science 71 (1), 160-171.
3. Zhong Lei, Bowatte Saman, Newton Paul CD, Hoogendoorn Coby J, Li, Frank, Wang, Yanfen,Luo, Dongwen(2015) Soil N cycling processes in a pasture after the cessation of grazing and CO2 enrichment. Geoderma 259, 62-70.
4. Bowatte S, Newton PCD, Brock S, Theobald P, Luo D (2015) Bacteria on leaves: a previously unrecognised source of N2O in grazed pastures. ISME Journal, 9, 265?267.
5. Orwin K,….Bowatte, s… et al (2015) Effects of climate change on the delivery of soil-mediated ecosystem services within the primary sector in temperate ecosystems: a review and New Zealand case study. Global Change Biology. 21:2844-2860.
6. Bowatte S, Newton PCD, Theobald P, Brock S, Hunt C, Lieffering M, Sevier S, Gebbie S, Luo D (2014) Emissions of nitrous oxide from the leaves of grasses. Plant Soil, 374:275-283.
7. Zhong L, Du R, Ding K, Kang X, Li F, Bowatte S, Hoogendoorn CJ, wang Y, Rui, Y, Jiang L, Wang S (2014) Effects of grazing on N2O production potential and abundance of nitrifying and denitrifying microbial communities in meadow-steppe grassland in northern China. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 69:1-10.
8. Bowatte S, Newton PCD, Hill AM, Theobald P, Luo D, Hovenden M, Osanai Y (2013). Offspring of plants exposed to elevated or ambient CO2 differ in their impacts on soil nitrification in a common garden experiment. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 62, 134-136.
9. Watanabe T, Bowatte S, Newton PCD (2013) A reduced fraction of plant N derived from atmospheric N (%Ndfa) and reduced rhizobialnifH gene numbers indicate a lower capacity for nitrogen fixation in nodules of white clover exposed to long term CO2 enrichment. Biogeosciences, 10:8269-8281.
10. Di HJ, Cameron KC, Shen JP, Winefield CS, O’ Callaghan M, Bowatte S, He JZ (2013) The role of Bacteria and Archaea in nitrification, nitrate leaching and nitrous oxide emissions in nitrogen rich grassland soils In: Molecular Environmental Soil Science, Xu J, Sparks DL (editors) Springer Science p490.
11. Guo Y, Di HJ, Cameron KC, Li B, Podolyan AJ, MoirJ, Monaghan R, Smith C, O'Callaghan M, Bowatte S, Waugh D, He JZ (2013) Effect of 7-year application of a nitrification inhibitor, dicyandiamide (DCD) on soil microbial biomass, protease and deaminase activities, and the abundance of bacteria and archaea in grazed pasture soils. Journal of Soils and Sediments 13:753-759.
12. Jha N, Saggar S, Bowatte S, Deslippe J, Tillman RW, Giltrap D (2013) Changes in denitrification rate and bacterial denitrifier genes distribution and abundance in dairy-grazed pasture soils treated with cattle urine and DCD, 26th annual FLRC Workshop, Massey University, February 2013.
邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org 电话：13919215637